I'm really not doing as many updates on Evan anymore, less monumental milestones as when they are babies. However, in the last 3 months I have seen a lot of growth and change into much more of a preschooler and little boy then before. He has become my little helper at all times. He loves to unload the silverware from the dishwasher and then hand me all the cups. He helps put laundry in the washer and dryer and even will put some of his clothes away...amazing! He likes to unload the cart at the grocery store and then when we get home he likes to take everything out of the bags for me. (this is not always helpful as he just puts it all on the floor, but it's sweet and I like the helper in him.) He still loves to make everyone laugh and his sense of humor is growing tremendously. He's taken to laughing at things often, sometimes real laughes and sometimes he starts with a silly laugh but we all end up laughing because he's just funny.
He still loves to learn and I am trying to keep it fun for him. We have an Abeka preschool book from when I taught last year. He loves to work on the pages learning letters and sounds, numbers and counting. Every now and then he will surprise me with something he knows - like telling me that o-n means on and o-f-f means off...mostly using his deductive reasoning with what happens when the switch is at each word...but I was impressed at his pre-reading skills. He humbles me constantly in my parenting abilites as well as my faith. He asks the most simple and amazing questions that challenge me to stop and think - a lot - before I answer. Theology with a 3 yr old is a challenge at times.
He has decided that he does not need to nap anymore. This was rough at first but I think we've both adjusted. We still have quiet time where he is to play quietly in his room. Some days go better than others but we are keeping it consistant. One benefit of this is that he goes to bed around 7:30 again...so by 7:30, my house is usually quiet.
He is a great big brother and really loves Abbie. If it's hot outside he'll remind me to be careful with her because it's hot. And when I told him to not be so loud when Abbie was sleeping so she would stay asleep - he responded by saying "but I like Abbie." So cute. He loves to do tummy time with her and when we all sit together to read books.
How fast they change and grow up!
No comments:
Post a Comment