Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"Daddy's Home....Daddy's Home!...DADDY'S HOME!!!!"

This is now what I hear whenever Jeff drives into the driveway as Evan runs out the back door to greet Jeff at his car. Evan has made the full transition to a daddy's boy. He loves his daddy so much and can't wait until he gets home. If you ask him how long daddy should work, he will answer "2 minutes." As soon as Jeff walks through the door I am almost invisible. If I answer a question he asks or help with something I hear, "no Mommy, I was talking to Daddy, not you." Oh...sorry. Although at times I feel a little slighted - it pales in comparison to watching their relationship grow. Jeff has always been such a great dad and this just confirms that. Evan watches his dad, wants to be like his dad and wants to be everywhere he is at. After I put him in bed tonight he asked, "Mommy, can Daddy come in now and lay down with me for 10 mintues?" (he always asks for a specific time although he doesn't really know how long that is). A few minutes later I hear singing and laughing coming from his room...they are so much fun together. What an incredible example of a man Evan has in his Dad. I am blessed to have him in my life too.

1 comment:

beckley said...

awe, snuggles.

those boys. so fun.

they're both pretty special, huh?

we miss you guys.