Saturday, April 18, 2009

An Afternoon Made For a Child

First an update on Evan post his fall. I tried to get a good picture of his face but the lighting outside wasn't great. His bottom lip is basically healed, the top lip is no longer swollen but is still purple on the inside and his nose is much better. The swelling is way down (compare with the earlier post below) and the bridge of his nose is starting to turn more green than purple - yea, it's healing!

Evan found a slug on his baseball and became quite interested in this new creature. He studied it for a long time and watched it move and wiggle.

Cheering the slug onto the leaf so he could pick it back up. "Come on slug, you can do it, I know you can."

Success!!
Letting it crawl on his finger, he was so excited

Then onto bubbles, mostly it's the fashion I am posting. I am thinking this boy will wear footed pjs (cozys as he calls them) forever. He'd wear them all day if I let him, no matter the temperature. However, in order to go outside he still needed shoes...so here's his choice.

It had rained almost all day and there is a lower area at the top of our driveway - it made a perfect area to jump and play.

We've had some parenting challenges this week. Is it that we are 6 weeks from being 3? or 6 weeks from a new baby? or that he fell so hard on Tuesday? A combination of all I believe. I am so grateful for evenings like this one. I love times like this evening, just watching the wonder and joy of being young. We had so much fun exploring and playing and could leave the rest of the week behind. So grateful.

1 comment:

beckley said...

I love him!!!
Jackson loved his jams at that age, too.

and YOU. YOU are SO CUTE!!!! thank you for posting! I can't wait to meet her!

much love-