We purchased Bunkbeds for Evan about a month ago and set them up in his room to let him get used to them. We started reading for bedtime on his "new bunkbed" and talking about going to sleep there. One night last week he said he wanted to "go night night in new bunkbed." I said okay, he pulled in some animals and blankets and went to sleep; he did great.

He's up against the rail

The next day he took his nap in his bunkbed great but that night we had some trouble. After having been in bed for 40 mins, out he came and into Jeff and I's room. I put him back and within 10 mins he was out of his room again and this time asking for his crib which by this point I thought was a great idea.
However he continued to napped in his bed so on Sunday we told him to say goodbye to his crib because he was going to sleep in his big boy bed now. He had no problem. He is however getting out of bed some because I keep finding him with books in his bed in the morning, even if I leave a few for him.


I went to get Evan yesterday after naptime and this is what I found...his bed looked just as bad. He somehow had managed to reach a large tub of vasoline (I really can't figure out how he got to it) and he must have played with it before he fell asleep. He moves a lot in his sleep and it was everywhere - and the once full tub was empty! Vasoline is very hard to wash out (oil and water) and it was covering most of his sheets and animals as well as himself. He still has a nice glow this morning. On another note the tub says to call poison control if any has been ingested. I asked him if he ate any and he said no but he is two so I called anyway. The man told me that if he did ingest any it would just work as a laxative...oh great!
The adventures of the big boy bed continue!
2 comments:
The vasoline picture is priceless! I can't even imagine how hard it must have been to clean him and his bed. Too funny! (Of course, I can laugh about it because it's not me trying to clean it! Sorry!) I bet his skin is super soft today.
Hey Amy, I'm not sure how I missed this story! I love all the new pics that you have added! See you soon my friend!
Post a Comment