While I am not a huge fan of New Year's Resolutions...Evan has one. It's more of a goal really and he is figuring it out. The goal/resolution is for Evan to be weaned from his pacifier by Jan 1. The process has already begun. For the most part Evan has only had the pacifier in his crib and is great about giving it up to get out of bed, however it's time for it to go completely. He is past the point of needing to suck on something and at a good time to give it up with no other issues. (I am the dtr of a dentist afterall :) ). So each evening before bedtime I cut a little bit more of the pacifier tip off. Evan looks at it funny and sticks his finger in the hole. He tries to suck on it upside down which works a little better. He pretty much just holds it now. He looks at us wondering what happened and we've told him what is going on and he seems to just go with it. So...by Jan 1 we will see if that night we will go to bed with out the pacifier at all.
2 comments:
We were lucky that we never did the pacifier so we never had to get rid of it. I have never heard of the method of making it smaller. That is creative. Our New Years Resolution was to be weaned from nursing and today is day 8. I guess if you don't use a paci you might nurse a long time. I have mixed emotions. I miss it but I am glad we are through.
I did the same thing with Miles...slowly weened him. He had two fits after that, but it was fine! I am sure he'll do great!
Happy 2008!
Post a Comment