Tuesday, October 30, 2007

17 Months

Evan is 17 months today! He has all of a sudden become a little boy - I am not sure where my Toddler went. I know he is still considered a toddler for a few more years, he just seems so big. (he is big as he is bigger than some 2 yr olds we know!).
Whereas month 16 was all about blood - multiple fat lips, biting through the tongue, and molars that bled - they were rough...month 17 has been about growth. Evan has grown physically but also verbally. He has always been a chatty child, but now we can understand so many words it's incredible. I went into his room a few mornings ago after he woke up and said goodmorning and he said "hi" - it was so sweet. Then later we were counting and we said "one" and he said "two" - I was shocked! Now on things like counting he is definitly a "one hit wonder" of sorts but he loves to count everything. He loves airplanes and is always on airplane watch and usually is pointing up long before I even hear something. He would live outside if I let him and that is where we spend most of our time. (Right now I am on the laptop outside and Evan's Grandpa and Grandma from Iowa are here). He still loves balls and loves to throw them and kick them and hike them - like in football. He is so curious and explores everything and loves to try new things and play with the big kids. We are having such a great time with him. He is so sweet. He has the most wonderful smile and gives the sweetest hugs and cuddles - we don't get those often since he rarely stops, but we cherish every minute. He loves to "wrestle" and tackle and roll around on the floor with us. He has been such a blessing to our family and we are having a such a great time watching him grow - I wish it would slow down some though so I would be sure not to miss a thing.

No comments: